Java API Developer - 6 months - Staines
Large Corporate client is looking for a highly experienced Java API Developer to join a Web Transformation programme which is redeveloping the web site, moving from a Server Side page architecture to client-side functional web pages that access data via a suite of Server Side API endpoints. This role is to carry out development work to implement Server Side APIs in a Microservices architecture
- Provide a highly proficient knowledge of Java technologies, open source Java development and Java web architectures.
- Contribute to the activities and approach to migrate existing API endpoints from the Legacy Java platform to the new Java 8 Microservices platform.
- Work with the Server Side development team and the Lead Digital Architect to own and continue to develop the Java architecture roadmap to align with the overall Digital technology roadmap.
- Work co-operatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the Java architecture.
- Is knowledge about latest trends and technologies and communicates with colleagues regarding how these might support the team objectives.
- Desire to learn and enhance skills to support the team.
- Attend the daily standups for the technical workstreams they are responsible for.
- Contribute to team meetings & troubleshoots development and production Java problems across the Digital environments.
- Contribute to team best practices as part of a model of continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across the technically diverse Digital platforms
- Coach and support other team members, and learn from them in turn.
- Ask for help when necessary and reach out into 3rd parties, vendors and the Open Source community to further the ends of the team
- Actively work to improve the security posture of the application
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information