Computer Futures are currently recruiting for a consultancy that provides business process services to customers across the UK. Our client, based in Leicester, are recruiting for a Network Engineer urgently - to start Monday 17th June at 09:00am!
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a small window for interviews to occur and offer to be made. This is to ensure an adequate hand-over process can be put into place between the successful candidate and the prior incumbent in this role. Therefore priority will be given to candidates who are immediately available, and then to those with shortest notice period.
Role: Network Engineer
Full Time - 40 hours per week
Contract Length: 3 Months
Rate: £300 - £320 a day
Start Date: ASAP/ Monday 17th June
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong understanding of networks, designs and solutions
- Strong knowledge of MPLS (Layer 2 and Layer 3) circuits, EFM circuits, Internet Leased Line circuits
- Excellent knowledge of LANs/WAN, Cisco Meraki, Aruba, Solar Winds, Riverbed, Load Balancers Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of Aruba and Meraki controllers and access points.
- Proven experience of configuring, installing and troubleshooting networking equipment such as Cisco and HP switches, Cisco routers and also broadband routers, Aruba Wi-Fi, Meraki, VLANs, VRF's and Firewalls
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good understanding of VPN solutions - Pulse, Juniper and also site to site VPNs
- Strong understanding of firewalls on Cisco and Palo Alto devices and making changes to firewall rules
- Understanding of IP addressing and network routing protocols; e.g. HSRP, OSPF, EIGRP Optimisation and interconnectivity of networks within organisations and also third party sub-contractors e.g Site to Site VPNs Configuration, Installation and Supporting Telephony Services - VoIP, Avaya Telephony Management of WAN or Broadband orders and installations at Head Office and other offices.
- Understanding fibre and cat5 cabling requirements
- Experience in troubleshooting network issues
- Documentation and creating and understanding network designs and able to present ideas
- Liaison with network suppliers, recording outages and maintaining availability of systems.
- Knowledge of Unified Communications Experience of Cloud Solutions, SaaS Experience in national project rollouts of new networks, switches and other network devices
- Proven knowledge of project management skills and/or working within a structured project environment
- Can plan methodically, but be flexible if the situation changes Common sense approach and helpful attitude
- Experience in a customer facing IS role
- Experience in working closely with suppliers Team worker with natural problem solving skills but also must be able to work unsupervised
- Able to relate to and communicate effectively with users and managers at all levels
- Meeting agreed SLAs as part of incident management Valid driving licence
- Occasional travel within the UK involving overnight stays
For more information or to register your interest please click Apply and provide your updated CV and contact number.
Best of luck in your job search! To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales