Verification and Validation Engineer
My client is looking for a Verification and Validation Engineer on an initial 6 month contract, which will likely extend, based in their Newport Cyber Security centre.
Day rate: £400
Verification and Validation Engineer - the role:
Before a product, system or service is released the Verification and Validation Engineer will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and executing tests based on System Requirements to ensure suitability. This will include the capturing of results, preparation of Verification Compliancy Matrices and production of Results and Reporting documentation.
- Software/Products/Systems are verified and validated in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
- Allocated Work Packages are completed within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
Tools, methodologies and testing standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
Role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
- Must have experience of formal Verification and Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications.
- Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance.
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision.
- Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems.
- Cryptographic Devices.
- Windows hosted software applications.
- Embedded software applications.
- TEMPEST approval of equipment.
- CE approval of equipment.
- Secure Communications Systems / Network Devices.
- Cyber Defence Systems / Services.
- Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and trace-ability.
- Must have an understanding of Automated Test Techniques.
- Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy