We are Recruiting for a Network Design Architect for a FTSE 250 Client in Glasgow on an initial 6 month contract, paying up to £510 a day Ltd/Umbrella.
This role requires a level of customer facing ability, documentation production and extensive hands-on engineering skills in collapsed IP/MPLS networks.
* Be able to translate customer business and technology requirements that can vary in detail, and produce high quality network solutions, at both high and low levels of detail
* Hands on implementation of your designs
* Be able to deliver designs to defined standards, often against challenging timescales
* Provide input to technical designs provided by other technology groups – a level of “cross-functional” technical knowledge is highly desirable
* Provide direct, credible and authoritative interaction with colleagues and customers alike
* Actively contribute to continual service delivery improvement
Key technical skills include:
* Routing & Switching (Cisco or Juniper)
* Firewall Solutions (Cisco, Palo Alto, or Juniper) – Network Security
* Experience with PPP, CHAP and Radius Authentication
* Experience with layer 2 technologies: VLANs, VTP, STP
* Experience with layer 3 routing: OSPF and BGP
* Experience implementing and supporting MPLS WAN connectivity
Candidates will be expected to have demonstrable senior experience, , and may possess a combination of the following:
* Cisco CCNP/CCDP (Routing & Switching and/or Service Provider)
* Cisco CCIE or JNCIP/JNCIE
* WAN design – low level design documentation and implementation of Service Provider MPLS VPN
* BGP design and configuration
* OSPF design and configuration
* Network load balancing and capacity management
* In depth knowledge of the OSI networking model and TCP/IP protocols
* Experience of LAN switching and WAN technologies
* A team player with excellent customer facing skills.
* Works well under pressure.
* A flexible approach to working hours.
* Good oral and written skills
* Be able to work under minimum supervision
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy