Experienced 3rd Line Engineer who will be comfortable working on outstanding tickets pretty much from the get go. If you have good skills in Windows Server, AD, MS Exchange, VMware and some networking to a 3rd Line level then please apply asap. Initially offered as a 3 month contract but almost certainly will be extended. Day rate £250 to £300. Based in the Segensworth area. Junction 9 of M27 in between Southampton and Portsmouth.
The day to day responsibilities will include
• Takes ownership of incidents which cannot be solved immediately with the means of 2nd line support.
• If necessary, they will request external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers.
• If necessary, they will request third party support, e.g. from customers
• Restoring a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
• If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, 3rd Line Support will transfer the Incident to expert technical support groups (Consultants).
• If an unplanned disruption or degradation of service is found, the 3rd Line Support passes on the incident to Problem Management.
• Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket.
• Prioritise and manage multiple tickets.
• Ensure that any technical issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
Knowledge and Skills required
• Exchange 2007/2016 support.
• Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS.
• Networking (switches, routers, VLANs, firewalls, VPN).
• VMware / Other Virtualisation technology (XenServer, Hyper-V, VirtualBox).
• Citrix (Presentation server, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Web Interface, Licensing server, Citrix Secure Gateway).
• Windows Server OS (2003 R2, 2008 R2, 2012 R2).
• Print Server.
• File Shares.
• Imaging systems (Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect, Windows Deployment Services).
• Anti-Virus and disk encryption systems (Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Mcafee).
• Backup Technologies (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, AppAssure, Replay, VMware VDR/VDP, Acronis, Windows/NT Backup).
• Database Server Applications (SQL, MySQL, PROGRESS, Oracle)